Croydon SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
Since April 2013 Family Lives has been running a SEND Information, Advice and Support Service to Croydon residents providing independent information, advice and guidance for parents/carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
What is available for you?
- Information about special educational needs (SEN) to include: school based support (school action and school action plus and related SEN issues)/the statutory assessment procedure/ Statements of SEN and Annual Reviews.
- Support in liaising with school staff and other professionals including the local authority SEN team.
- Help for you to be able to say what you think your child's needs are.
- Help for you to understand how the education system works.
- Support to find you an independent parental supporter to offer you advice and support.
- Support to put you in touch with organisations/ parent support groups for special educational needs.
- Information about the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal and Mediation Service.
How can you get in touch with us?
Useful information for parents
Guidelines for disagreeing with Local Authority
How can you recognise your child has SEN
What are special educational needs
What is an independent parent supporter
What your child's school can do to help
PPS in Lithuanian
Strategy sheet ADHD/ADD
Strategy sheet Aspergers/Autism