The aims and objectives of the Alliance
The Parenting Programmes' Alliance was formed at the beginning of 2015 to provide a forum for programme developers' voices to be heard at national policy level, to work together to influence policy and practice in the development, commissioning and provision of parenting programmes by:
- Promoting and supporting best practice
- Sharing knowledge and experience
- Acting as the voice of parenting programme developers and providers
The group appointed an independent Chair, Dorit Braun, in January 2016. After discussions with Parenting UK as the membership body for parenting professionals, it was agreed that the PPDG would sit as a working group of Parenting UK who would provide secretariat support.
Visit the PPA website to find out more.
Current Members of the Alliance
- Approachable Parenting
- Centre for Parent and Child Support (South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service Research Unit, Kings College, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience)
- Family Links
- Incredible Years, Webster Stratton
- Mellow Parenting
- Parents as Partners - Tavistock Relationships
- Parent Gym
- Parents as First Teachers
- Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities - Race Equality Foundation
- Solihull Approach - Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- The Stefanou Foundation
Download our brochure to learn more about our members.
If you would like to find out more about the PPA, please contact us.