We are excited to be looking for volunteers to join our passionate and dedicated team.
Location: Cardiff or the Vale of Glamorgan
Time commitment: 2 hours per week
Cardiff & Vale Parent Wellbeing Support aims to support parents and carers who have children with emotional wellbeing and mental health needs to cope with the challenges of everyday family life and to help to improve outcomes for the whole family.
Do you have lived experience of being a parent/carer to a child who is struggling with their mental and emotional wellbeing and can you spare a few hours each week? Why not join our team as a Parent Wellbeing Support Volunteer and help us support parents and carers who have children struggling with their mental health needs. As a Parent Wellbeing Support Volunteer, you will be providing information and support to parents/carers of children and young people up to 19. You will be fully supported to:
- Provide a listening ear and offer practical and emotional support to families in Cardiff or the Vale
- Engage with parents of children and young people aged up to 19 years who have emotional wellbeing and mental health issues
- Signpost parents to resources or support services that may help them with some of the practical, emotional, and parenting issues they are experiencing and support for their own health and wellbeing needs
- Talk with parents in groups, providing a space for listening and discussion and support
- Build a good knowledge of the local community and services/support available
- Help Family Lives to raise awareness of the support service by running coffee mornings, drop-ins at local community venues and distributing promotional materials
You don't need any specific qualifications, but you will need to be understanding and resilient. You will need to have experience of being in a caring or parenting role or have experience of supporting parents or young people. We are looking for volunteers who are over 18 years of age and have lived in the UK for the last two years.
Benefits of volunteering for Family Lives
- Full training and ongoing support
- Opportunities for further training and development
- Experiences to enhance and gain new skills
- Meeting new people
- Ability to make a difference in your community
- A sense of community contribution and achievement
Get in touch
To find out more about becoming a volunteer, please email Nicola or call on 07739 788115.